CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 25, 2012

PIne Cove

Monday while Ryan and I were on our way back from vacation Kendall and Taylor where headed to their first day of Pine Cove.

Pine Cove Base Camp is a Christian based day camp that was held at our church here in Austin.  I was a little nervous about sending them because it was all day (from 9-4) but they had been "advertising" it in Sunday school and the girls had been asking to go.  So when Ryan and I got to Charlotte I called the girls to hear about how their first day went.  I asked Kendall if it was good and her reply was "no it wasn't good it was awesome"!  That is exactly how they felt after camp everyday.


So on Tuesday I was excited to take the girls to see what all the hype was about.  Well it didn't take long because as soon as we pulled into the parking lot there were about 20 people cheering and dancing around welcoming you to camp.  The energy was ecstatic!





Here is Kendall, Miss E (a school friend), and Taylor 


Everyday the girls came home going on and on about all the things they learned about Jesus and all the amazing fun activities that they did.  Some of activities they did were: bungee trampoline, obstacle course, bounce houses, fashion show, laser tag, water slides, spider web, tie dying shirts and so on.

The last day their invited parents to come an hour early to show off all the cheers, dances, and songs that they had learned.  I just sat there and smiled the whole time because everyone was having so much fun.



Taylor's counselor was "Pickle Sickle" and she loved her.  Thursday when I picked her up Pickle Sickle told me that Taylor had something to tell me and Ta had a huge smile on her face and she told me "I asked Jesus into my heart" and my heart melted.  It was such a special day for her and me.  Later that night we talked in depth about it and she just told me "she loved him and wanted to live for him".  Love that girl!

Pickle Sickle and Taylor


The last day after showing off they split off into their small groups.  Their leader had prepared a certificate of recognition for each kid.

This is Taylor's and she pretty much summed her up.



This is Kendall and "Waddles"


Kendall's certificate and Waddles did a great job of describing of her!



This was a super special week for the girls and they are already asking to go to the overnight camp!  The camp did an incredible job of recruiting college counselors to guide the kids throughout the week.  The girls are still walking around singing and do the fun little chants that they learned.  We will definitely be attending Pine Cove again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment