CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Surprise Visitor

After our trip to San Antonio we got home late and it was straight to bed for the girls.  As the girls were about to go upstairs the girls yell "there's a bird in the house"!  I of course come back with "no there's not" and they start yelling and running to the ficus tree looking in it and telling me they can see it.  I at this point still don't believe that there is a bird but they continue telling me that it is in the tree.  So I walk over and after a minute of looking sure enough I see this little bird sitting in the tree.


My heart starts racing because Ryan isn't home and I am not sure what to do.  So I open the back door and start pushing the tree very SLOWLY towards the door.  I get about four feet away and the bird flies out of the tree and lands in between the refrigerator and the counter.  Awesome!  So my next plan was to get the broom and try to sweep it out and catch it in the girls butterfly net.  Well as soon as I stick the broom back there it flies behind the door which was wide open.  So then I close the door a bit and stick the broom back there and it slips out!  

Success!  

Thirty minutes later and a lot of excitement later the little bird was finely free and out of my house!  Now it was time to go to bed.  

I am still not sure how it got in the house or how long it was in there but now I have my house and it is in its house.



0 comments:

Post a Comment