CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Tulsa Trip

Mom called a few weeks back and asked if I wanted to go to Tulsa with Papa and her for the Hall of Fame....duh!  My flights was delayed (flying these days is the worst) so I had to go straight to the reception.


They had a slide show of all the past inductees.


Saturday morning Mom and I meet Amy, Gavin, and his girlfriend at The Philbrook Museum of Art and the grounds were absolutely gorgeous! 





Then we stopped by the house where The Outsiders was filmed- it is literally in the middle of a neighborhood.  Someone bought it awhile back, it was about to be torn down because it had not been taken care, the new owner rebuilt it to look exactly like what it looked like while they filmed it.



That evening was the Hall of Fame ceremony.  Sadly, Papa got really sick and couldn't go so mom stayed at the hotel with him.


I did get a picture before I headed to the airport Sunday morning.



I am very thankful that I went.  I have a whole childhood of memories, trips, and races with him that I will cherish forever and this is another one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment