CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

1st Day of School

Today was the first day of school! Kendall and Taylor were both super excited about it.


When we got to school Taylor was ready to go. I showed Taylor where I was going to meet her (she is a walker) after school and before I could finish she said "ok I am going to walk to my classroom now". Um no! Daddy and I will walk you in. She was completely comfortable and ready to go. On one hand that makes me so happy that she is ready and excited for school but on the other hand she is my baby and I am honestly a little sad that they will both be in school and that I officially no longer have babies at all. So we walked Kendall to her classroom and got her situation and said our goodbyes. She was a little nervous but is excited about her new "pretty" teacher.

Kendall- 1st grade!!


Next up was dropping Taylor off. She walked straight in found her cubby, put her lunch away, hung up her backpack, found her seat and started playing with the play-doh out on the table. Never really looking up or anything. Ryan said good bye and have a great day but I wasn't quiet ready to go. So after a few more minutes of her playing and me giving her multiple kisses, hugs, and words of encouragement (I was the one who really needed them not her obviously) I left.

Taylor's 1st day of Kinder!


After school I was waiting for them to meet me. Taylor was the first one out and after she saw me she came running up to me and gave me a huge hug and climbed up me for me to hold her. It melted my heart, she was still my baby. Then Kendall came out with a huge smile on her face! Kendall said she gives 1st grade "100 thumbs up" and Taylor said she had an "excellent" day. They told me all about it on our walk home and through out the night. I could not be a happier mommy tonight. I know that both of my girls have excellent teachers and are going to have a fabulous year.

Sorry for the long story but I couldn't stop typing :)
Thanks Grams for the super cute dresses!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment