CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Busy Weekend

This Saturday was my turn to bring snacks to Taylor's game. She had asked me to make soccer ball cookies. So I said sure. Well, after doing a little online research and looking at her soccer ball I realized that I might be a little out of my baking league with this one. Seriously I don't think mine would turn out like these.


So, I knew I better have a good alternative when I tell her. So I did a little thinking and this is what we came up with.

Oreo Spiders!
I know they are upside down- just turn your head :)


It is close to Halloween and her game was at eight o'clock in the morning and I am sure all the mom's would not have been a big fan if I gave them all a bag of soccer ball cookies that early in the morning. So instead we made Oreo spiders! The girls did the whole thing by themselves after I showed them how to do one. So then we put a hand full of pretzels in a snack bag and put one spider on top. It was a hit.

Ryan's parents came in on Friday evening to spend the weekend with us. Almost as soon as they got to our house Ryan, Taylor, and Poppy headed out for soccer practice. She was super excited about that! She loves her Poppy :)

Poppy and Daddy watching the game


And speaking of hits- Taylor was a super star at her soccer game Saturday morning! She scored 5 goals!!! I know I am bragging but she is mine and we were so proud of her that I can't help it.

That is the back of Taylor kicking the ball


Mimi and Kendall watching the game (notice the baby in tow)


After the game, we got cleaned up and made our way to our good friend Mia's 5th birthday party. It was at a jump place, which always leads to a great nap later in the afternoon.

Happy Birthday Mia!!


Then we headed home to enjoy the last part of our weekend. Ryan grilled some yummy ribs for everyone, we watched some (or lots of ) football, visited with Mimi and Poppy, and played outside in the great weather. It was a busy but fun weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment