CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 2, 2012

San Antonio Trip

Friday right after school the girls and I headed to San Antonio for the weekend. Ryan was in Port Aransas fishing for the weekend.

We meet Aunt Jennifer, Avery, and Grams downtown to watch Click Clack Moo Cows That Type (based on the children's book) at the good old Magik Theatre.

The Three Amigos before the show


Afterwards with the cows


and the chicken.


The best part of the whole play was that I got to hold this ball of sweet the whole time!


Saturday the girls and I went out to Nanaw & Popeye's. It was really nice because we were the only ones there. Usually when we go out there Jennifer and her family are there (which I love) and who knows who else so it was nice to have some one on one time with them. After lunch the girls wanted to go down to the creek to catch some minnows that Nanaw had told them about. So we hopped on the mule and went down there.

This is Nanaw showing the girls some tadpoles


Next thing I know

Met Speedy (named by Kendall) the tadpole and our newest addition to the family.


The girls were dead set on taking Speedy with us so Nanaw made him a nice little mason jar home with creek water and some rocks and we were on the road.

The next stop was Papa and Mama Edson's house for a big family BBQ.

I didn't take any pictures because I was just relaxing and catching up with fam while the girls ran around their property acting like little boys.

Mom took some pictures while we were out there my favorite one I got and I love is of Miss Kendall


One of our great family friends since before I was born, Jimmy was in town, he lives in Costa Rica so we don't get to see him often. It was nice to get to catch up with him.


I love this picture also it is of my two grandfathers, my mom's dad Papa on the left and my dad's dad Popeye on the right. I love both of them and they have and still are a huge part of my life.


Sunday we just hung around Grams house and Jennifer and the girls came over to play some before we headed back home.

Of course the girls were dying to get some Alison love.

Taylor is a total baby hog and doesn't like to share.


Kendall and Alison


And for a Speedy update:

By Sunday evening Speedy's tail was almost gone completely. I have never really seen a tadpole transform into a frog before so it was really neat but you could tell that he was ready for a bigger home. The girls convinced Ryan and I to let them keep him one more day. So Monday when Ryan got home from work he took the girls to the front of our neighborhood and let Speedy go in the pond. I forgot to take a picture but he was really cute. They said he swam for alittle bit and then jumped right on a lily pad. Happy as a frog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment