CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

Extreme Makeover- Backyard Edition

The dream team moved in this weekend to help Ryan and I (and I mean mostly Ryan) do a small makeover on our backyard, they just thought they were coming in to watch Taylor play soccer (more on that later) and a relaxing weekend. Ryan's parents better known as Mimi and Poppy have an amazing backyard, it could be featured in Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Ryan's dad is a "jack of all trades" when is comes to doing things around the house or yard and his mom has the greenest thumb on this planet and I do not.

After a trip to Home Depot to buy out their garden section Ryan and his parents spent the better part of Saturday planting plants in the new beds that Ryan did last week. His dad installed post to hang our swing on.

Sunday, Ryan installed lighting and finished mulching the new beds and his dad stained the swing to match our fence. The girls (my mom, Mimi, Kendall, Taylor, and myself) took a trip to Wally World and picked up some new pots and flowers so the girls could plant themselves. Mimi so patiently gave them a lesson on how to plant flowers correctly in a pot and water them. They were so excited to have their own flower pots! As I mentioned earlier flowers and I don't go well together but I am going to try my best at keeping these alive.

We had a playscape installed also last week, which they kids are crazy about. It is totally worth the investment for all the hours it entertains them without making a huge mess in the house. Don't get me wrong I love playing with the girls but these days "playing" with them means we have to set up house or school or babies , which means the WHOLE playroom and their rooms have to be transformed in order to play.

So here are the results!

One side of the backyard-
yes I know the swing is sideways but we didn't want the girls
to sit on because the stain wasn't dry yet
Ryan installed 1 light in this bed

Up against one side on the back of the house
Ryan installed 3 lights in this bed

For some reason I didn't take pictures of the back fence or the
patio but I am sure you get the picture by now.

Hours of endless fun! The new playscape!


The girls waiting for their gardening lesson

Listening carefully to Mimi- learning all about flowers!

Their finished products!

Thanks Daddy, Mimi, and Poppy the backyard looks awesome!
Ya'll did a great job.


Poppy and the girls finally getting to relax!

0 comments:

Post a Comment